web space | free website | Business Web Hosting | Free Website Submission | shopping cart | php hosting

Home

Blocks
Page 1
Blocks
Page 2
Blocks
Page 3
Blocks
Page 4
Blocks
Page 5
Blocks
Page 6
Blocks
Page 7
Blocks
Page 8
Blocks
Page 9
Blocks
Page 10
Blocks
Page 11
Blocks
Page 12
Blocks
Page 13
Blocks
Page 14
Blocks
Page 15
Blocks
Page 16
Blocks
Page 17
Blocks
Page 18
Blocks
Page 19
Blocks
Page 20
Blocks
Page 21
Blocks
Page 22
Blocks
Page 23
Blocks
Page 24
Blocks
Page 25
Blocks
Page 26
Blocks
Page 27
Blocks
Page 28
 
 
Redrafts
Row A
Redrafts
Row B & C
Redrafts
Row D & E
Redrafts
Row F, G & H
Redrafts
Row I & J
Piece Count By Block
Webring Info and Other DJ pages
Dear Jane Quilt Blocks
Dear Jane Blocks Page 20

DJ E2

There aren't too many left now, but I seem to be running out of steam. The problem with playing "Dear Jane" bingo is that the blocks you decided not to do earlier become all the blocks that are left. For example, you piece E2 like you would piece A6 or B13 but then you're left with applique. I don't know how Jane did it, but I used 2 overlapping melons.

DJ F11


I used applique for F11, but looking closer at the photos of Jane's quilt, she might have pieced the quarter circles into the sides instead of appliqueing them like I did. Except for the applique, this one goes together like D12 and F12 with the inset right-angle pieces. I ALMOST got the center right, too.

DJ D11


I had brain-freeze for D11. When I first pieced it together, the center popped out like a mountain. That never happened to me before! I measured and discovered I had cut the side pieces 4" instead of 4-1/2" but I had made them just as deep. I decided on a "Jane solution." I played with the dimensions of those side pieces and scaled the diamonds, filling the block to the appropriate size by stripping 1/4" lattice around the outside.

DJ G5


I love the full-sheet labels. It makes doing applique SOOOO much easier. I could never get the freezer paper to stick while I scrunched up the block to work on it. I thought I was doing something wrong. In G5, I pieced the background and then appliqued the "poof" which you can get if you fold the paper in quarters and cut a semi-circle out. If you compare it to D3 and K7, you can see how much progress I've made in applique.

DJ I10


Except for the odd angles in the center star, I10 is not as tough as it may appear at first glance. The star itself is not unlike the center star in M3, or a slimmed down version of the one in D11. The angles of the star points are similar to those in J5. I pieced the edges first, included points on two side to make two half-blocks, and then inserted a central unit of star-point, square, star-point to finish.

DJ J11


I am now regretting my choice of leaving most of the applique blocks until later. I changed J11 to be more like what Jane's looked like. It meant piecing the background with a 1-1/2" center square and mitred borders. This made it very easy to place the melons. The center two crossed like a miniature version of E2 and the others were appliqued over the mitres to ensure they were exactly diagonal. I only had one problem with one melon which I cut a little too close and the outer point frayed slightly.

DJ I13


I started I13 before any of the blocks on this page, but when it came time to put the final corner on it, I found I had lost the small square-on-point. I kept it until I could find where I (or the "Grey Gang") had dropped it, but I finally gave up and recut those pieces. As always, those thin lattice strips gave me headaches about pressing, but, you know, with enough steam, you can pretty much have your way with any seam allowance...

DJ BR4


It's been a while since I worked on the triangles. I had been using the Triangle Challenge to keep me on track, but there were several weeks where I had already made the assigned triangle. BR4 is very easy, as triangles go. It's a series of Flying Geese which diminish in size until you reach a top square.